Friday, August 28, 2015

Oriental Satsuma Bowls and Planters


I found this gorgeous Royal Satsuma bowl Royal Satsuma bowl that I can place one of my clay orchid pots into so I discovered that even though I normally collect Chinese cache pots I can still use the bowls too. I put a paper towel in the bottom of the bowl to protect it from getting scratched by the clay orchid pot. It has a Geisha scene in it and golden gilt moriage dots inside and outside. A very unique scene as I have not been able to find another one like it on ebay auctions even in the completed and sold listings.
You can also find these Satsuma bowls at estate sales locally sometimes. I like to look at the local estate sale listings because they show more pictures of what is for sale so I don't waste my time driving to see things I'm not interested in. So be sure to keep in mind using ornamental decorative bowls to display your potted orchids in.

No comments:

Post a Comment