Sunday, August 9, 2015

Asian Orchid Pots


I am still on the lookout for vintage or antique asian orchid pots to add to my collection. I scour ebay, the local flea markets and garage sales for that special bargain find as I know that someday in the far flung future I will have too many and will probably end up selling them the same way...but hey isn't that what collections are all about. I have a modest collection of peacock trinket boxes, ceramics, vases and am always on the lookout for those too. If you are into collecting any particular trinket as a special reward to yourself or just because you gotta have it then you know what I mean. Some woman collect handbags - mine is atrocious according to my cousin  who is a handbag afficiando. I get no joy from collecting handbags so that will never happen. I just can't picture myself putting a handbag on the shelf by the window and admiring it - that I can only see doing with asian orchid pots and oriental planters. They are so much prettier especially if they have some gold gilding on them. I also love the floral designs or geisha motifs. Of course if I find one with a peacock on it that is a double special prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment